Monday, February 20, 2012

naples


Abel, Mike and I were able to meet up with the Fitzgibbons clan in Naples earlier this month. We soaked up some sun, took walks on the beach, slept ridiculously well in the shape of an H (Abel as the horizontal part) while listening to the waves right outside our windows. Abel had a grand time with Grandpa, Auntie Em and Grandma- digging holes, chasing birds ("BEAKS! BEAKS!"),  swimming (by the last day), eating cuban food, and making all of the senior citizens swoon.  The last time I was in this condo, I was 6 month pregnant. I was really, really happy to share this trip with Abel and Mike this year.




our view.


 practicing our fabulous beach posture.


 only auntie em could get those tiny feet in the waves........


 happy walks.


 warming up with grandma.



abel was in charge of washing all the sand off everyone's feet after each beach trip.  


 mike took four days gently coaxing abel in to the pool. i love this picture.


mike and jim. 


 happy in the water. mostly.


shopping in naples.


abel's posse. 


windy beach walk. 


exploring the beach, looking for treasures. 


 coming back to the blanket after chasing the seagulls with auntie em.

watching kite surfers. 



leading the pack. 


abel putting his digging "scooping" skills to the test. 

3 comments:

  1. What a nice update on Abel's adventures.
    Being with Abel on Vanderbilt Beach made for a memorable vacation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful family vacay! Naples is one of our favorite places to visit so I know the atmosphere was as good as it looks in the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love little boys at the beach! Loving that you are having so much fun together.

    ReplyDelete