I’ll start by saying that this whole week has been goddamn magical. Yes, I could say that without swearing, but the emphasis is lost. Despite the fact that we have previously communicated by phone and by Skype, meeting Abel in person has been my main focus since he was born, and he definitely lived up to the hype. Watching him laugh and cry and look utterly astounded by things like my glasses is so amazing- I’m surprised that every one in a two mile radius isn’t standing at our windows, looking in at him. I’m happy no one’s doing that, just surprised.
With out further ado, I bring you Auntie Em’s highlight photos of the week:
I’m not exactly sure what Abel is saying to Reagan here, but I think it is something like this:
Abel: Hey. Hey, Reagan! You see that chandelier? Check out the size of that thing!
Reagan: It’s… it’s mesmerizing. I can’t take my eyes off it.
Abel: Sometimes it spins, too.
Reagan: … Whoah.
This is our cousin Eileen, whom I haven’t seen in person in at least three years. Of course she had to come down to see the Babe in person. It should also be noted that this is one of Abel’s favorite positions- provided we are moving when we hold him like this. I gave up on a nice, leisurely stroll a couple of days in- this boy has a need for speed.
Here’s that boy, wearing a stylish handmade indigo onesie. No idea who the designer is…

Looks to me like Abel is saying "Dude...get a load of this bicep...and I'm not even old enough to work out...it's huge!"
ReplyDeleteYour little one is so very cute and we can't wait to meet him for the first time soon. It will be fun to get all the boys together...James, Kelly, and Owen
ReplyDelete