In the middle of a party last night, I caught Abel's glance. Amid the laughing party goers we held each others gaze. I was flooded with desire to laser beam feelings of safety and love and that the world is ok in to his little skull. I want Abel to feel connected and cared for and loved beyond belief when ever he sees me. And, at the end of the day, my deepest hope is for Abel to carry those feelings with him- regardless of if he can see me or not.
ps: And then we came home from the aforementioned party to find that our house had been burgled by a person so dumb that they didn't steal any of our best stuff -dirty laundry covered in spit up, Mike's belly button lint collection, our rotting compost jar, or the kleenex box Abel that is currently infatuated with.
what a life of irony! a true love it/hate it night. i am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteOh no!!! That sucks! Let us know if we can help out at all...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful first half of post of course...